Although you’d be prescribed numerous medicines (albeit good ones by the doctors) for the home treatment of scabies, there are a few good-old herbal and natural ways by which you can temporarily treat scabies at home. And, the best part is that most of them are easily available and cheap!
Skin diseases always need special attention and care for a complete recuperation. Scabies isn’t any different. Scabies is a special type of disease caused by mites when they lay their eggs just under the epidermis of the skin.
If you have scabies, get this – it won’t leave without treatments! The disease is nasty, painful & contagious; the mites just won’t stop hatching until you get yourself treated. So your best deal is to get yourself treated as soon as possible and with the best. Besides completely natural formulations such as Dr. Scabies, you can try out the following home remedies:
1) Turmeric Paste is one of the best home remedy to deal with pains or wounds. For scabies, just take a spoonful of turmeric powder and add a few drops of lemon juice and water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste over the affected area and rinse it off with mild warm water to get faster and better results. Alternatively, you may also use turmeric powder, Neem powder and water to make a smooth paste and apply it over the affected area. Let it stay till the paste hardens and then shower it off with regular water.
2) Zinc is another great option to terminate the fungal infections and outbreaks that accompany scabies. Make a thick paste out of 2-3 zinc tablets, turmeric powder and water and apply it over the infected area. As a scabies home remedy, let it dry completely before washing off with lukewarm water.
3) Cayenne Pepper mixed with hot bathing water might kill and burn the mites. However, after mixing, let the water cool before you take a bath, and remember not to let it go into your eyes. Rinse your body with plain cool water later on. Do it a few times for temporary relief; avoid if you’ve sensitive skin.
4) Due to its anti fungal and anti bacterial properties, Neem leaves can clear off the mites’ spread in a few days. It is readily available in the market and will make a good home medication for scabies. Make a paste by crushing the leaves and apply it over the affected area. Let it dry before washing off with plain water. To get even better results, boil some Neem leaves in water and let it cool down. Store it in a container and drink it up to 4 times a day, 1 tablespoon each time.
5) If you find Neem leaves too difficult to get, you can also apply Neem oil over the affected area since its more accessible as a scabies home treatment. Simply apply it over the wound and massage for about a couple of minutes before taking a bath. Alternatively, you can also make a paste out of Neem oil and turmeric powder and apply it over scabies.
6) The terpinen-4-ol found in Tea Tree oil is also a good, natural scabies home treatment. Simply mix tea-tree oil and olive oil. Next, apply it over the wound with a cotton ball to see it slowly vanish away. You can also skip this process and add a bit of the oil in your bathing water for a couple of weeks. However, steer clear of this oil if you’re a pregnant.
Finally, take all necessary precautions; avoid physical contact with others, stay clean and wash off all your clothes in hot water. If scabies just refuses to go, it’s time you go for a superior natural formulation like Dr. Scabies.